Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

For Easter this year, we found ourselves celebrating with our good friends Blake and Melissa and their family. We attended church in their ward and loved how down to earth and friendly the members were.

We then returned to their home and enjoyed a yummy dinner composed of some of my favorite foods - ham, yummy potatoes/funeral potatoes/cheesy potatoes (whatever you want to call them - check out my favorite version of the recipe below), green beans, and buttered rolls. My mouth is now watering all over again! Melissa and I then got to play Easter bunny and hid Easter eggs in the backyard for all the kiddos. It worked out beautifully since she assigned each of the kids a color of egg to find so everyone got an equal share. We hid one a little too well though and 5 adults and 6 kids spent the last 10 minutes searching for one blue egg. It was so fun and a special day/weekend!







Check out the cute bunny ears in the shadow. And since I'm making you look at things against your will, then please note the adorable bunny basket Luke is sporting courteous of my beautiful and talented mom - she rocks!


My only frustration of the day was that I left Luke's navy church pants home and had to improvise with some black ones. Minor detail, I know, and I'm sure no one else noticed or cared but just one of those little irritations that bugged me. If that's all I can find to complain about though, the day was most definitely a resounding success.


Recipe for:
Yummy Potatoes

6 med. boiled potatoes, peeled
1/4 c. butter
1 pt. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 c. chopped green onion
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Grate potatoes into 9 x 13 casserole dish. Combine butter and soup in sauce pan until butter is melted. Stir in sour cream, green onion, and cheese. Pour soup mixture evenly over potatoes and mix. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Enjoy the yumminess!

5 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Sounds like lots of yummy food and lots of fun! I love the pictures! He is so cute!

Carrie Snider said...

Oh I love his little sweater!

Elozia Marie said...

I love that sweater vest - he is TOO cute!

Betsy said...

Happy Easter! We had the joy of spending Easter with your sisters! It was great to see them, wish you were there too!

Mattsmom said...

He is such a cutie! Watch me follow you!