I've started and deleted this post so many times because words can't express or come close to capturing this day. I have to try though just in the hopes that a small portion of it may shared and preserved.
Today we had the special and sacred opportunity to take Luke to the temple to be sealed to us. It was just the crowning glory to the past six months which have been wonderful, and challenging, beyond my wildest dreams. The sealing was held at the Idaho Falls Temple at 10:30 and we invited all our family and a few close friends to be there and share in our special day. It was a cold and snowy morning and that just seemed fitting to me that the world was clothed in white just as we were. What a beautiful day!
Everything went wonderfully in the temple. I can't contain my joy in knowing that Luke is now ours for now and forever. I am just so profoundly grateful and humbled by this day. So many came to share it with us, and even travelled from out of state to be here. It really meant so much to have everyone there who could come and those who couldn't were definitely missed. The outpouring of love and support we have received in adopting Luke has been humbling. Our family and friends have welcomed him with open hearts and open arms as if he was always ours - and now he is.
Two of my all-time favorite primary songs are I Love to See the Temple and Families Can Be Together Forever. Both of these songs have had profound meaning to me at different times in my life and both were so fitting today. Here's just a few lines from both of them that were going through my head today:
Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday
I'll cov'nant with my Father
I'll promise to obey
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together
As a child of God I've learned this truth
A family is forever.
My family is forever now and I am so thankful for our beautiful son Luke.
Thank you again to all our family and friends who continue to support us. We were so happy to have you there today - both physically and those who were there in spirit.







No comments:
Post a Comment