Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Hairdo

It only took me about 4 or 5 years but I finally decided to get a major hair makeover. I've had my hair long, straight, and one length for so long I wasn't even sure what to do with it anymore. It had gotten to the point where I just pulled the front back with bobby pins everyday and called it good. Not exactly what you could call a hairstyle. So, after careful consideration and perusing umpteen different styles in hair magazines, I decided it didn't really matter to me as long as it wasn't too short or would take too long to style every day. Apparently, I wasn't the only one in the family feeling weighed down by boring hair. So on Saturday, my mom and sister Kimberly and I headed for our cousin-in-law and friend, Andrea's hair salon, to just have at it. I wanted a new color, cut, and new look. Can I just say, that Andrea is seriously awesome?! I really liked how it turned out and I still feel like me. And thankfully, Jake likes it too. Its now been 5 days and I feel comfortable fixing it myself and am enjoying the looks of surprise on people's faces when they see me. At work today, I had several library patrons say that they didn't even recognize me at first but how much they liked it. So, thanks Andrea for the new do!! You are one awesome chica and we all had a blast!

3 comments:

Mabel said...

So, am I the only who can't see the pictures? Although I know what it looks like and it's really cute!

Heather J. said...

I knew Stephen saw you the other day so I asked him what your haircut looked like. Can you guess his reply? Yep, he didn't even notice. It looks cute though even if Stephen isn't very observant.

Erin said...

Cute hair!