Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's Official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Luke is now officially and legally our son.

Let me say again - LUKE IS OFFICIALLY OURS!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

That feels so good to type that. I didn't think this day would ever come but then time has flown by. We went to our lawyers office this morning at 9:00 and then had to be in court at 9:30. Since the two locations are only a block and a half apart, we decided to walk but it was so cold! I couldn't feel my toes by the time we made it to the courthouse and I was really glad Jake was carrying Luke or else I probably would have slipped on the sidewalks and dropped him. We got to the courthouse, had to go through a metal detector, and were then directed upstairs to the courtroom. Whenever we shared why we there or were asked, everyone said that adoptions were the best part of court happenings. I couldn't agree more. We were sad that more family couldn't be there for this special time but were really grateful that Jennie and Kimberly were able make it. Jake and I were both pretty nervous but the judge was really nice and things went fairly smooth. After everything was final, we took a few pictures and then the 5 of us headed over to Smitty's Pancake House for a yummy breakfast.

I feel as if an enormous weight has been lifted from me and I am just so looking forward to next upcoming weeks with Luke's blessing and sealing.


No comments: