Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's Indpendence Day!!


We started the day by getting up early and going to Rexburg this morning for their annual 4th of July parade. It was fun but we all got hot pretty quick as the morning progressed. Luke didn't really get the whole candy thing. I am gonna thank my lucky stars for that and hopefully it will be good, long while before he catches on. Hey, a girl can dream, right? I am betting by next year my luck will have run out in the candy department.

After the parade, we went home for a short while and then journeyed to the Idaho Falls greenbelt for the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration. Elaina had the wonderful idea (she had lots, let me tell ya) to look into staying in a hotel on the greenbelt so we could be down there for the fireworks and then could just walk back to our room when it was over. Brilliant! We reserved our rooms almost a year in advance since they fill up fast. They do raise their prices for this night but it was really fun to have a new and differnt fireworks experience. The biggest drawback I had was that you couldn't see the show from our room even though our windows faced the river over which the fireworks are shot off. I had hoped I could watch from our room in case Luke had hard time with the noise and everything. It all worked out well though. We still found a good spot right behind the hotel to watch from and Luke actually enjoyed the show. While we were waiting for the onset of darkness and thus the fireworks show, we played games, had some yummy food, and just hung out. The show was gorgeous and I always love the musical choreography to the explosions. Just a really fun day spent with family and loved ones. It doesn't get much better than that. I only wish I had taken more pictures.

Happy Birthday, America!



No comments: