

Luke's party was alot of fun (and work LOL) but so worth it! We just decided to have a small family - even though the words small and family don't really go together for us. We had 30+ people come and that wasn't close to being everyone in mine and Jake's immediate family. I wish it could have been everyone. I hope you can still join the party through this post. Too bad they haven't figured out how to cyber share cake and ice cream, huh?

We had the party at the local park in a picnic shelter. I spent most of the day and night before in various modes of preparation and frenzy. My sister Kimberly helped me so much and I am SO thankful to her and owe her big time. She really saved me mountains of time and worry. Anyways, we had a little summer dinner picnic with a couple of 3 foot sandwiches, various salads, chips, etc, but the centerpiece of the feast was the awesome cake that my friend Jennifer made. It was adorable as I am sure you all will agree, and oh so tempting to all the children. I can't believe it only had a couple of finger pokes by the time we ate it. Following the feast, Luke opened his mountain of presents that everyone spoiled him with. He did pretty well opening them with some help from Jake.


After presents, it was time for cake. We had Luke do the one year old tradition of smashing and digging into his very own little cake. He wasn't too sure about it at first and got kinda scared by the kids all laughing at him, but after I assured it was okay he dug right in - literally! We cleaned the sticky boy up and then dug into some delicious cake of our own and once again I'm only sorry I can't share in person. At this point, our little birthday boy was pretty pooped and was no longer interested in partying so we packed it up and headed for home. Luke then proceed to fall asleep in the 2 minute car ride to our house. What a day!



All in all, it was so much fun and we were so glad that those who could come did. The only sad note was wishing all could have joined in. You were missed. I do want to say thank you though for all your love and support we've felt this year. It really has meant so much to us to know how you've all accepted and loved this sweet boy of ours. We have the best family and friends! You know who you are or at least you do now if you are reading this.
5 comments:
I've been waiting for this birthday post! I was so sad when I got your invite and knew I wasn't going to be able to attend. It looks like I missed out on a fun time, but I am so glad you shared these pictures. What an amazing little boy Luke is! I'm so glad he in our family. Happy Birthday Luke!
Happy birthday big guy! Wish we could have come to the party--looks like a major rager! :D
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have been there!
I can't believe he is already 1! It seems like yesterday I got the call in Nampa Idaho that you guys got him and now we are in Nebraska and he is 1!!! Time flies! I am so happy for you guys and he looks so sweet! I loved the cake!!!
Those cakes are incredible!!! Are all the adorable decorations molded in fondant (or marzipan as it is sometimes called)? I would like to know how to do that!
Post a Comment