You remember when you were a kid, and it seemed like your birthday was the highlight of your year? I would count down the days until my birthday with unparalled (well except for maybe Christmas) anticipation. By the time the day actually arrived, there was really almost no way to even meet my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I have had many wonderful birthdays but I just always expected way too much of a 24 hour period. Why I don't know. Maybe I just wanted that one day of the year to be just mine. Of course, I pretty much forgot entirely, or blocked rather, the umpteen thousands of others who were born on the same day but you know whatever. Anyways, whatever the rhyme or reason behind my thinking, it was obviously flawed and I set myself up for disappointment more often than I care to remember. But not this year. This year I had to be reminded by various people that my birthday was even approaching. I just kinda forgot about it. It was kinda weird and so unlike me. Perhaps by not putting such great emphasis upon my birthday is what made it one of the best I've had. I received so many unexpected birthday wishes, thoughtful messages, and even gifts. I couldn't have asked for more than to know I was remembered and thought of by so many. So thank you. Thank you to all for your kindness and generosity. It really meant so much to me and brightened my day beyond measure. I think maybe I'll try and forget my birthday next year too, if there's a chance it will turn out as great as this one has.
Just a sample of some of my birthday blessings:
Adorable bag my talented friend Joanie made me which was completely unexpected and appreciated.
Yummy cherry pie my sister Kimberly made me - my favorite!
I am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment