I was sitting on my bed completely overcome with emotion. I stared down at the little face in my arms and could hardly believe that I got to call this tiny boy my own. I felt overwhelmed, inadequate, scared, but oh so very, very blessed. I am sure many first-time mothers experience something similar but after waiting for so long for such a gift I was almost in a state of disbelief. How could he be mine? How could I possibly be worthy of such a tremendous blessing? I remember holding him and praying but I think the only prayer I could articulate was one of gratitude. I had so much to be thankful for as I saw in that little face all my longings to be a mother met. I was fulfilled in such a way that I knew, and could not deny, that my Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. He knows me and loves me and I was overcome with that knowledge more than ever before. Now, two years later, I still know this to be true beyond any shadow of a doubt.
Tonight, I sat in Luke's room as he was falling asleep and just watched him. I still feel some of those same feelings from two years ago - inadequacy, fear, but again, ultimately blessed. I am sitting here tonight humbled by the outpouring of Heaven. My life has been so richly blessed and I am grateful to a loving Father in Heaven for His goodness.
If you'd like to read more of our little miracle boy and how he came to be ours, then click here or feel free to ask me any questions you might have.
2 comments:
I am so glad that Luke was sent to you guys, you are a fantastic mom!
I love the picture of you and Luke! You and Jake are such awesome parents! It is no wonder why you were blessed with such an awesome little boy.
Post a Comment