We have plans, once again, to meet Luke's birth mom tomorrow at a local park. It didn't work out last time and from what I understand, she didn't get the letter containing the final details in time to be there. She has set the place/date/time this go 'round, so we're hoping it works out. I already had plans with a friend to make and can salsa tomorrow afternoon but I just can't take putting this visit off again. We'll see how things go. Like I said before, we haven't seen her and she hasn't seen us/Luke for over a year but I think it will be okay. I hope it will be okay. Someone tell me it will be okay and to quit being a nervous Nelly.
*Deep breaths*
Okay, now I need to go to bed even though I really have so much posting to catch up on. I feel as if things are finally settling down again after being gone so much this past month. Be watching for updates, news, and even pictures.
Oh and if you have a minute, send some happy, positive thoughts our way for tomorrow's meeting.
*More deep breaths - in and out, in and out...*
Update 2012
13 years ago
6 comments:
Can I just say you are incrediable! I would recommend you to a birth mom for adoption without thinking one second about it. You and Jake are great! I think it is so wonderful you are willing to meet with the birth mom. I bet it will go great. She will be at peace seeing how loved Luke is and knowing she made the right choice and he can have such a loving family. It is such a gift you are giving to her as a birth mom to know he is well and ever so happy! Best wishes! You are a hero!
I don't think you have anything to worry about everything will work out fine! Have a fun time and just relax! I will be thinking about you guys today. Have fun!
That's such an anxious feeling!! We have been there, and my thoughts will be with you! :)
Hey, how do you know Shalee?
I hope things went well! I would have been a basket case worrying about a visit like that as well. It makes me nervous just reading about you having the visit and I'm not even part of the visit! LOL As said before though, I'm sure it will go well! You are awesome!
Update in a new post and thanks again for all your support. Seriously means so much and helps to know others are cheering for us.
Janet - Shalee and I met, along with our hubbys, in adoption classes like 4 years ago. We'd lost touch until I saw her post a comment on your blog and realized we knew them when you posted about their adoption miracle that you were involved in. Small world, huh?
Post a Comment