Tomorrow we've arranged to meet Luke's birthmom at a local park. I am more than a little nervous. We've met her twice before - once when Luke was 5 days old and again when Luke was 1 and we bumped into her at the mall. I'm not sure why I'm more nervous this time except maybe because I don't have the distraction of new mommyhood or the meeting isn't just by chance. Whatever the reason, I am hoping and praying that things go smoothly with minimal awkwardness. Luke's birthmom, J, is such a sweet and wonderful person that I really shouldn't be worried at all. Luke is getting older now and recognizing people and I can't help but wonder how to introduce adoption to him. I'm sure he won't understand at this point but I am wondering what I should have him call her. I guess I will wait and see what she feels most comfortable with. Wish us luck and watch for tomorrow's update.
***Update - She didn't show up. We were supposed to meet at the park of her choice and after waiting for 30 minutes we left. I'm not sure why she didn't come but we'll try meet up again another time in the next few weeks if she's still interested. Thank you for all the kinds words and support!! They really mean alot and I'll keep you posted if and when we do get together.
Update 2012
13 years ago
6 comments:
How could the visit go anywhere but really well and just because you and Jake are so super? She will see that and it will put everyone at ease. Good Luck!
Good Luck!
Love you Mandy! It will be just fine and Janet is right. I saw you guys last second over by Sonic, so Katelyn's wave counts for me, too! love Kirsten
You are the greatest!! I hope all went well! Love ya!
Hi Mandy! I just happened upon your blog again and read this post. We have met several times with Bryn's birth family and at first it was a little awkward but soon you will find yourselves getting to know one another and hopefully that will disappear. I remember feeling the same way!! We told Bryn along time ago that she was adopted before she had any clue what it meant, then around 3she found her adoption scrapbook and asked who was holding baby Brynly. We then explained that she grew in Ashley's tummy because mine was broken and Heavenly Father wanted her to come to our home. She has since asked questions here and there, but this seemed to make sense to her. Good Luck!!!
Aww, you guys are too nice and generous. Love you all and thank you for making my day with your kind words.
Suann - thanks for sharing that! Jake and I were talking today actually about asking you guys how your things with Brynly's birthmom because I knew you had a more open relationship. I have mentioned J to Luke before and will continue to talk about her openly with him.
Post a Comment