Binky, Bye, Bye!! Luke has finally given up the binky/pacifier/nuk or whatever other crazy name you wanna call it. This momentous occasion deserved a special post for the wonderful role the binky has played in our family. It has been his friend and companion for the past two years but it is time to say goodbye. Bink, as Luke calls you, we'll remember you with fondness and love, especially during those tear-filled moments and temper tantrums - oh and when Luke is upset too. You have come in several forms and colors but you always did your duty in soothing the savage beast. Goodbye bink. No friend was ever more sucktackular.
In honor and as a memorium of Luke's dearly departed friend, here's some of my favorite pics of Luke and his bink.
It's time to say good bye to the ones at our house too! I just haven't bit the bullet and done it yet. Tanner calls his "pass", like the beginning of pacifier.
Was it a decision on his part or mom and dad's? Erin gave hers up semi-willingly after she sucked a hole in it, tried to fix it with scotch tape and decided it didn't taste the same. How is it working?
The monkey suit has to be the best! The only way we could get Challis to say good bye to her bink was that Tate's brother offered her a ballerina jewelry box in exchange for her bink. She took it.
It was mostly a decision on my part. Jake and I have talked about it for awhile but I just decided it was time. Luke hasn't asked for it or shown that he's missed it. We had already been weaning him off it so that he only got it at bedtime or on long car trips. Then he started chewing holes in them and it down to one and I just threw it away yesterday. Luckily, he's been going to bed fine without it. Guess we'll see how the next car trip goes.
Yay! Good job!! Way to stay tough! It is so hard to break habits sometimes it happens easy and fast and other times it is impossible! Congrats on the no Binky days!
Yay! Good job!! Way to stay tough! It is so hard to break habits sometimes it happens easy and fast and other times it is impossible! Congrats on the no Binky days!
Oh that tiny newborn with a binky is adorable! What a cutie he is! Tell me... was it a nightmare to get rid of the binky? I've never had a binky baby and am wondering if this little guy will like it. I guess we'll see. I saw your request on our old blog. Will you email me your address at nateandjessica (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll send you an invite?! Talk to you later. -Jessica
11 comments:
It's time to say good bye to the ones at our house too! I just haven't bit the bullet and done it yet. Tanner calls his "pass", like the beginning of pacifier.
Was it a decision on his part or mom and dad's? Erin gave hers up semi-willingly after she sucked a hole in it, tried to fix it with scotch tape and decided it didn't taste the same. How is it working?
The monkey suit has to be the best! The only way we could get Challis to say good bye to her bink was that Tate's brother offered her a ballerina jewelry box in exchange for her bink. She took it.
It was mostly a decision on my part. Jake and I have talked about it for awhile but I just decided it was time. Luke hasn't asked for it or shown that he's missed it. We had already been weaning him off it so that he only got it at bedtime or on long car trips. Then he started chewing holes in them and it down to one and I just threw it away yesterday. Luckily, he's been going to bed fine without it. Guess we'll see how the next car trip goes.
The bink has deff been a live saver in our home as well.
It's fun to see all those pictures again. Just hope he doesn't start sucking his thumb now...
Yay! Good job!! Way to stay tough! It is so hard to break habits sometimes it happens easy and fast and other times it is impossible!
Congrats on the no Binky days!
Yay! Good job!! Way to stay tough! It is so hard to break habits sometimes it happens easy and fast and other times it is impossible!
Congrats on the no Binky days!
Oh that tiny newborn with a binky is adorable! What a cutie he is! Tell me... was it a nightmare to get rid of the binky? I've never had a binky baby and am wondering if this little guy will like it. I guess we'll see. I saw your request on our old blog. Will you email me your address at nateandjessica (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll send you an invite?! Talk to you later.
-Jessica
i love the binky montage! so cute!
Nice Post. I like your blog...iPhone Service Center in Chennai
Post a Comment