Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Periodic Spring

Outside of Afton, WY, is a periodic spring that is only 1 of 3 to be found on earth. It is also one of mine and Jake's favorite places to visit. We've been there together 3 or 4 times and I've been there a few times without him. My great-aunt lives in Afton and I love to visit her. Even though she's only two hours away, we don't get over there nearly often enough but whenever we do we have to make sure and go to the spring. This past Saturday we were fortunate to make the trip to Afton and hike back to the spring with Luke. Maybe one of the best family trips we've taken so far.

Starting out down the trail
Photobucket

Enjoying the scenery ;)
Photobucket

Where the spring comes out of the mountain
Photobucket

Luke throwing rocks in and Jake ensuring that Luke didn't wind up going in after them
Photobucket

The water is so clear - and cold!
Photobucket


Luke's Rock - no really it has his name on it and everything!
Photobucket

Me and my cute boy
Photobucket

What a couple of handsome guys! Jake almost gave me a heart attack getting out to this rock though.
Photobucket

Heading back down the trail
Photobucket

Stairs in the mountainside - I've never noticed these before and someday plan to find out where they lead.
Photobucket

We can't wait to go back! Maybe next summer. Anyone else want to join us?

6 comments:

kirstensblog said...

That little picture of Luke on the rock staring at his name is so cute it made me a bit teary. What a beautiful family you guys are!

Susanna said...

That looks like a beautiful place! I love going on nature hikes and walks. I'll join you next time! We actually are thinking of coming to Idaho in the spring for another rotation. Maybe we will have to plan a trip there.

Blake & Melissa said...

I remember hiking up to that spring years and years ago! Awesome pictures!

Mandy said...

Sus - This is where we went after our family reunion at Bear Lake. It just seemed even more beautiful to me this past weekend than ever before.

Tara said...

Is this the hike we went on with you guys? Dallin wasn't that much older than Luke. Time flies. I love your pictures!

Kimmy said...

The picture of Luke and you is so typical of his "school picture smile" that he does now. Funny. Maybe we can do it again this weekend.