
You know when you're reading a really great book and absorbing every word and loving it and not wanting it to end? That's what I've been living for the past 2 1/2 years working as a part-time librarian at a small branch library where I live. Through a series of events and promptings, I came to the conclusion that it was time for me to move on. I put off this feeling for several months but it just kept coming. Kinda annoying when that happens sometimes. A couple weeks ago it came to a point when I could no longer deny, that for whatever reasons unbeknownst to me at this time, I needed to resign. I didn't want to. This has been my dream job. I know I'm a book nerd, as Jake has told me on more than one occasion. Its something I accepted a long time ago after years of teasing and childhood ridicule. I love books and I love to be around books. I got paid to be surrounded by books and to read during slow times.
DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT???
Not for me. Okay, well that is not true. Because working in a library has always been #2 on my dream job list. I'm sure most who know me can guess #1 but for those who may not know I'll be more explicit. I've always wanted to be a mom more than anything. I realized that dream a little over 2 years ago and I've never loved anything more. No worldly accolades or success or amount of money could replace the fulfillment I receive every day in toothy grins, loving brown eyes, and the sweet sound of "Mommy" on little lips. This is why its time. My sweet boy needs those 12 hours a week that I am away from him back. I will return to my library world but as a patron rather than an employee. My love for books and reading will continue and I will continue to nurture it in my little book lover at home for now. I officially have 2 more weeks left but today, as I read my official notice of termination of employment, it really feels like the chapter has ended. Its time to start a new chapter and I am excited to read what's written there.
4 comments:
I know I can't receive revelation for you but a nice idea popped into my head as to why this is the time to quit your library job. I hope it is true. It would be well worth it. Thanks for sharing. Such a great example of faith.
Thanks for sharing...I think that's great! Luke is so cute!
Janet -
I am interested in hearing your idea should you feel inclined to share it. I really hope it coincides with my idea. :)
Mandy, I've been wondering where you were lately. It seems the only time I ever saw you was at the library. We will just have to hang out together now. I know everything has a reason, and it is great you are home full-time with little Luke.
Post a Comment