Thursday, August 6, 2009

Family of 12 Eyes


Luke has officially joined the ranks, along with his parents, as an eyeglass wearer. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry as I placed his new specs on his face this afternoon. Full-time glasses wearing is a lot to ask of a busy 2 year old but so far he's managing even better than I expected. After an initial adjustment period of him trying to pull them off and my telling him not to touch them and an ensuing temper tantrum, he seemed to forget he was wearing them for 20-30 minute stretches of time. I am definitely counting that as a success for Day 1. I am more than a little anxious to find out what Day 2 will be like tomorrow. Maybe he thinks its all a bad dream and will just go away...won't he be in for a surprise if that's the case! Overall, I think he likes being able to see better and seems to be discovering and viewing the world in a whole new way. I guess we'll find out what tomorrow brings. I have a feeling there will definitely be more temper tantrums in the forecast.

3 comments:

Mabel said...

What a cutie! He does look like a little professor.

Heather J. said...

Cute! Good luck.

Kimmy said...

I think he looks like Harry Potter. He looks even cuter now, though. I have seen the temper tantrums since, but hopefully those won't last too much longer.